• Café Du Monde. Local favorite, yes. Tourist destination, oh yes. Tourist trap, no way. Their beignets live up to all the sugary, doughy hype! And the Café au lait isn't to be missed either.
• Dick & Jenny's. I'm always a fan of casual, unassuming restaurants that serve a mean menu.
• Petunia’s. No better spot for brunch.
• Adolfo’s. Down home gourmet located in Marigny.
• Commander’s Palace. You'll be treated royally by the wait staff and the food will give you plenty to write home about!
• Pascal's Manale. Best "old" New Orleans style restaurant—don’t you dare pass up the barbecued shrimp.
• Central Grocery. Because it would be a crying shame to go all the way to Nola and not get my muffuletta fix.
• Hansen’s Sno-Bliz. If words could only describe my obsession with sno-balls... and because there's no better afternoon pick-me-up.
• Swizzle Stick Bar. A definite stop to unwind with a Corpse Reviver #2. I first went here with my parents and it's now a must! Plus the logo couldn't be any cuter.
• Audubon Park and Zoo.
• Walk off at least one meal by roaming the French Quarter.
• Mass at St. Louis Cathedral.