Summer calls for preparations to your toes and wardrobe as you switch from boots to sandals and leather to linen, so why shouldn't your bar receive the same attention? Cheers!
[photo by Thayer Allyson Gowdy.]
Stocking the Summer Bar:
• Abita's Strawberry Harvest Ale. Using strawberries exclusively from Louisiana's Tangipahoa Parish, this seasonal brew flies off grocery shelves in the blink of an eye. One sip and you'll understand why.
• Barritt's Ginger Beer. Just what you'll need to add the kick in a Dark N' Stormy. The perfect compliment to a sweltering day.
• Cachaça Rochinha. Make your next Caipirinha with a cachaça [fermented sugarcane juice] known for its sweet, spicy fruitiness with an overlay of wood smoke. Everyone will be dancing the Samba by nightfall.
• Firefly Vodka.Vodka that tastes just like Chick-fil-A sweet tea! Use as a shot, in frozen sweet tea drinks and even spiked Arnold Palmers.
• Patrón Citrónge. A premium reserve orange liqueur that is the pièce de résistance in margaritas on the rocks.
• St-Germain. The beauty of this elderflower liqueur is that it can be mixed a million different ways. It's quite the congenial spirit.
• Lillet. A little Lillet, a splash of soda water, a slice of orange and voilà! You can bottle the feeling of Summer.
• Blenheim Ginger Ale. Ginger ale that means business.
• QTonic Water. Major bonus: this drier, slightly sweeter tonic is made with agave nectar rather than sticky corn syrup.
• Lemon-Mint Simple Syrup. The ultimate way to sweeten everything from a Gin Fizz to Iced Tea.
• In the Land of Cocktails. A must read and I'd suggest doing so while rocking on the porch with a Sazerac in hand.
• Stainless Straws. Reusable, but—more importantly—memorable!